Monday, October 31, 2011

Password is Mission!

Mom,

The blog password is mission. [not anymore it isn't] It's now the 27th of October and I just got your first dearelder. It doesn't matter that you sent one the day before I got here. That one didn't count because I think it was written to Sister Darcey and I just got a carbon copy. And the drivers stuff and social security card doesn't count either because you had to send those.

I don't know why I haven't received the other five letters you sent. I think there must be another Elder Darcey here, or you sent it again to China.

That means, Atkinsons 6 + a package and Darceys 1, but who's keeping count?

I've been here exactly a week and a day and it's amazing how much I've learned and grown. Ask Dia if she knows Elder Wright or Elder Merrill serving in Hong Kong, as I am serving with their relatives. Elder Merrill is our branch president and Sis. Wright is in my district.

Here is my note to my home ward:

Hi Ward. I think about you and your love and support often. I don't miss any of you, and I think that's because I've been too busy and happy and spiritually blessed to miss anyone or anything. I don't even miss my family yet and I think it is because of all of the prayers on my behalf. I hope that you are all doing well.

Love, Elder Darcey

No comments: