Thursday, May 10, 2012

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pneumonia is Bad, Right?

I don't actually think I have pneumonia. Probably.

 All,

 Once again it's time for a fun-filled Email from Elder Darcey!

 I don't really have that much to say this week. Our investigator is asking her dad this Wednesday (whoever originally spelled that should be shot) if she can be baptized. I know beyond a doubt that she's ready. We've done all we can, and she's done all she can. It is now simply in the hands of the Lord. Man, I don't really have anything else to say.

 I Look forward to talking to family this week. Don't even think about Skype. Not happening.

 We went beach combing this morning. Eels and Crabs and Starfish galore. It all added up to a good P-day morning.

Our attempts to set up church services in Hydaburg has hit a pitfall. The guy we were talking to about it called us and said that "The Elders [not us, just the old ones] won't be able to accommodate your request". That would have ticked me off if I hadn't been expecting it. So, We'll just get in a different way.

That was the only opportunity for the Church to meet, but maybe we'll be able to use the community center or something. The hardest part of the mission is knowing that you have something great; something that will bless the lives of everyone you meet, but not being able to share it because the people are so set in their ways, so hard-hearted. That hurts a lot, especially when they reject you for something that another religion did to them. We have an active, but rather overbearing Jehovah Witness group on the Island. Many of the people we meet have been insulted by them, and take it out on us because we're younger.

I bought a piano last week. Actually, I got a little keyboard so that I can practice music. It's pretty awesome. Don't rub it in mom, I'm only going to say it once. (see email previous.) I really have run out of things to say, so I'll end with the mantra that our district came up with.

 It's the final match;
Fight Harder,
 The work is on fire,
 I have worth in the eyes of God,
The Lord has prepared me,

Love from the Seriously-if-I-have-a-persistent-cold-with-chest/lung-pains-when-I-breathe-I-should-probably-see-someone-right?

North, Elder Darcey

No comments: