Wednesday, May 16, 2012

All Talked Out - Having spoken to family yesterday

Maybe you should just be there next time I call in, Eh?   I joke. 

And FYI, yes we do see black bears all the time and this is a big one.  It's head was monstrous!  Don't ask how I got such a great close-up.


Dear All,

 I had a great last week. It was awesome to talk to family, even if they were busy having the missionaries over. It was great to be able to describe the island in words instead of writing.

2nd Nephi 33:1 And now I, Nephi, cannot write all the things which were taught among my people; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men.


Ether 12:23-24
And I said unto him: Lord, the Gentiles will mock at these things, because of our weakness in writing; for Lord thou hast made us mighty in word by faith, but thou hast not made us mighty in writing; for thou hast made all this people that they could speak much, because of the Holy Ghost which thou hast given them; 

And thou hast made us that we could write but little, because of the awkwardness of our hands. Behold, thou hast not made us mighty in writing like unto the brother of Jared, for thou madest him that the things which he wrote were mighty even as thou art, unto the overpowering of man to read them.
________________________________

 We scheduled a young lady for discussion last week. She's pretty awesome. She has lots of questions and is actually interested, which makes it easy for us. We had some training last week from Salt Lake that lasted 8 hours, but was completely worth it. Our main trainer was the Head of the missionary department in SLC, who was also the mission President in "The District" 2 DVDs.

He reminded us of 2 big things that I want to share: We are the only Way people can completely access the Atonement. Our job is important because we teach about Christ, and he's the only one who can give a remission of sins. We are not just missionaries. We are representatives of Jesus Christ and that's what we need to act like.

We should not be afraid of exercising our Priesthood, because that is what Christ would do.

We had an amazing experience along those lines. We went into a house, and just felt impressed to ask if anyone needed a blessing of comfort and love from Jesus. They sent us to a woman who was basically on her deathbed, and we gave her a blessing. At that moment, I will swear that I felt God's love for that woman. I didn't even know her; I had only just learned her name, but in that moment I loved her and wanted to do anything for her. I know we were conduits for God's power at that moment. I know God loves us all.



That is the basic message that we bring to people: God loves you, and he wants to bless you with everything that he knows you truly need.

 Love from the North, Elder Darcey

No comments: