Monday, January 23, 2012

MOOSING YOU--Or Still On A Camera High

Look, I'm a missionary, not a tourist, but when you are just walking around, minding your own business, some things need to be shot!



Dear All,

It is good to talk again. This week has flown by. One day it was Tuesday, the next it was Sunday. It's been business as usual, but there are a couple of things I can go over.

First, I LOVE MY CAMERA.

Also: do you realize that it's almost transfers again? It's kind of crazy.

Anyway,

The weather's been holding nice. It snowed for a bit yesterday, but it was alright.

I need pictures of NaTaShA and Jessica. Does anyone else realize that they're 8 months pregnant?

HAPPY 22 TO DERICK THIS WEEK!

The Moose picture You see is a small moose. No joke. Big as a car garage!

We shoveled off a roof this week. It was fun.


We got in contact with that referral I mentioned last week. Remember her?

Great story; but suffice it to say that she was not interested in receiving the Restored Gospel of Christ at this time. Remind me to tell this story when I get home!

This is a reading assignment for everyone:

D&C 118:3 ...continue to preach from that hours, and if they will do this in all lowliness of heart, in meekness and in humility and long-suffering, I, the Lord, give unto them a promise that I will provide for their families and an effectual door shall be opened for them, from henceforth.

This week has really reemphasized (either I spelled that right the first time, or it's so wrong that the spell-check broke) to me how important family is.

I'm seeing firsthand how much having an alternate family, without a father, mother, or anyone to guide, hurts. I've also seen firsthand how much the Gospel blesses family. There are people up here who cling so hard to the Gospel because it's the only thing keeping their families together.

And I've seen how people, despite living in a shack with crazy kids and no peace, can still be happy.

Not from the happiness that comes from things, but the happiness that comes from having family, and knowing that they will be together for eternity.

My companion has remarked on occasion how he thinks that part of Hell is being separated from Family. I agree. I'm not a sentimental guy. (Seriously, those tears during UP was a total fluke), but I can come right out and say this:

Family, (and friends; anyone I trust enough to call a friend is pretty much family anyway) I love All Of You.

My service up here is in part for you. I know that me being up here is blessing ALL of my family far more than anything I could ever do back home. Not a day has gone by that I haven't tried to do better because I know serving the Lord will bless all of you back home.

Every extra knock, every extra shovel-full of snow, every extra step walked, every word out of my mouth, regardless of how much it helps anyone up here, helps you all down there.

I work for three things: First, I work for the Lord. I also work for the people up here, who I love so much, and you all back home, who(m?) I love as well.

I know how much you all are helping me; I am so grateful for everything you do for me, both tangible and intangible.

I want you all to join with me after this life with the Lord as families. I know without a doubt that through the gospel of Jesus Christ, that wish will come to pass.

Love you all much,

Elder DArcey

No comments: