Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jeremiah 16: 15-16 Is the Scripture of My Mission!

But, the Lord liveth that brought up the children of Israel from the and of the north, and from all the lands whether he hath driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.

Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill and out of the holes of the rocks.

For mine eyes are upon their ways; they are not hid from my face.


Hello, everybody

First, Transfers:

I'm sending you a email that should make sense. When Elder Ivan Leaves, I'll go to a threesome with E. Roney and E. Coombs, and we'll cover Bear Mountain and Meadow Creek. That will be for a month, until I get another companion and (hopefully) go back to Bear Mountain.

The weather is Cold. We've had clear, cold days of -20.

I met a person who claims to be good friends with Bro. Knowles. They're in the other ward, however.

I have a thing to say to missionaries who are not working diligently. They are Piles: (That's also what we call the apostates up here.) What they are piles of is up to your discretion. Personally, I think they're piles of Apostasy.)O that ye would awake; awake from a deep sleep, yea, even from the sleep of hell, and shake off the awful chains by which ye are bound, which are the chains which bind the children of men, that they are carried away captive down to the eternal gulf of misery and woe. 2nd Nephi 1:13.

Seriously, Missionaries make me annoyed when we don't do the work. What it the point of going on a mission if you're not going to do anything? You can't claim that you're getting blessings; you're just damning yourself further by mocking God. If you're not going to do anything, don't go on a mission. I know that I have a lot that I need to get better at; but at least I'm trying to do better.

I have been asked to speak concerning lies. I shall be brief. (lie)

Truth is the most important thing you can have. Too often in life nowadays, we feel it alright to obscure, dim, or simply disregard truth. This is wrong. Proverbs 14:5.

The world finds nothing wrong with telling half-truths, justifying that it isn't a complete lie because it fulfills the letter of the law. Christ put down the Pharisees for their strict obedience to the letter of the law, while disregarding the spirit. Matt 23:27-33, 2Cor 3:6. Yes, expecting others to live truth while you do not, is a lie.

My companion and I were talking about the older days when someone's word of honor meant everything to them. Their honesty, their reputation and their sacred honor was on the line. Nowadays, people think breaking promises or lying isn't anything bad, especially if it isn't for anything "big".

I tell ask you now: if something isn't "big", why lie about it in the first place? There is nothing bigger, or worth more in your life than your word of honor, your honesty. Carl G. Maeser puts it perfectly in the Honor Code of BYU: “I have been asked what I mean by word of honor. I will tell you. Place me behind prison walls—walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground—there is a possibility that in some way or another I may be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first!”

Are we willing to destroy our sacred honor over something trivial?

There is also the myth of the "white lie". "It's just a little thing; it won't hurt anyone". Just thinking this is a lie, and it leads to greater misdeeds.

God is a God of truth. He is a God of light. We cannot follow him if we are shrouded in the shadows.

May we all be honest in our dealings to those around us, to ourselves, and to our Father in Heaven. John 8:32.

And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

Elder Darcey

No comments: