Monday, August 20, 2012

Member faith is awesome, How I Love Natives. and other Topics

Family,

 I'm feeling better, so you can stop panicking.

 And no, mom, it wasn't the entire package of apples, for I did verily drink much water. It was totally Gluten. And by the way, any time you want to send more of those up, that would be great. ;)

 We had an awesome week here in Anchorage We worked hard, stayed obedient, and were blessed with 2 lessons this whole week, which is double our last three weeks (our area is... a bit slow. We're really trying hard to change that). I know that as we stay obedient and keep working, we'll be blessed even more. It will be awesome.

 Speaking of blessings, we had an awesome lesson with an old, one-handed, native member. He related the entire gospel and foundation of the church to a fly fishing pole. it was pretty cool. And then he said a prayer, which hit me like a spiritual ton of bricks. I'll quote just a bit of it; it was powerful. In context, he's asking the Lord to bless us: "Please bless these men, these warriors of the rainbow. The rainbow is Christ, who promised to come again and bring peace. These men are his warriors, come to bring that peace"

 On a slightly related note, My favorite picture of all time is "Peace is Coming", by McNaughton. Check it out. You'll see why I like it. 

 This week was pretty cool, all in all. At a dinner recently, I made the error of letting the three-year-old choose what page of the Book of Mormon I should share a spiritual thought out of. He chose Alma 21:6.

Alma 21: 6, Thou also sayest, except we repent we shall perish. How knowest thou the thought and intent of our hearts? How knowest thou that we have cause to repent? How knowest thou that we are not a righteous people? Behold, we have built sanctuaries, We do believe that God will save all men.

 But then I realized that this is the response we get from a lot of people as we're out here on our missions, and in life. People tell us, no thanks, what I have is good enough. We don't have to prove them wrong; we just need to show them that what we have is even better. We simply need to show, by our actions, lives and deeds, that our Fruit is good, and that it's at least worth looking into.

 Out of time, with companions breathing down my neck.

 Love From the North,

 Elder Darcey:)

No comments: