It's so good to again talk to all of Koh again.
Here in Hmong, it's been a rough week. Most of our investigators and less actives cancelled our lessons and shot down our appts, we mostly scrambled around and tried to not look like complete failures. :) But really, it was an awesome week. I need to tell you about our AMAZING Zone Conference, Stake Conference, and to answer a question I heard someone ask. so, ready GO!
(1) Ib: I got a package FILLED with food. You have no idea how much that helps. Thanks so much for the food, and the notes.
(2) Ob: I got a surprise package from the ATKINSONS! Thank you so much for the thoughts, letters and candy.
(3) Peb: Our Zone conference this week was amazing. We went up to the reindeer farm in Palmer and did service, hiked around in our own Zion's Camp, and learned amazing things. The thing that stuck out to me was about keeping the armor of God on, especially the sword of the Spirit. Imagine going into a place where they said "no swords allowed in here; you'll have to drop it off, but you can pick it up on the way out". Then, when you came back out, your sword was missing. I wouldn't like that. Yet, that's exactly what we do when we go somewhere where the Spirit can't stay with us. We drop off the spirit, only to come back and find that it's missing. We need to only do things and go places where we're allowed to keep our swords handy. It wouldn't be good to get ambushed without our weapon or armor on.
(4) Plaub: I wanted to answer a question about recognizing whether the Spirit is giving you promptings, or whether it's just you're own thoughts. I'll answer from Elder Bednar. "Don't worry about it. If it leads you to do good, it's from God, no matter who the messenger is".
(5) Tsib: Our Stake Conference was awesome. There were really two topics. First was being happy. We need to be joyful. We have the greatest thing on Earth. We need to enjoy it. We have the knowledge of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the "Marvelous Work and a Wonder" spoken of by Isaiah. Second, We have the duty, responsibility, and calling to share this happiness with others. We have to let our Light shine. We can't hide it; IT NEEDS to be on a candlestick. We have the complete and full truth; we need to give it to others, so they can be happy as well.
That's about all. I love you all, and pray for you always. I'm doing great, and hope you are too.
Love from the North,