Monday, December 12, 2011

INSERT WIND RELATED PUN HERE---WOOSH!

Hello all.

Not much to report up here, so I'll just get into it. Weather has been super warm all week; mid 20s. Yesterday another Chinook rolled in and put us in the mid 40s.

Then it started raining. And raining. While the rain came down, the wind came up. To about 120+MPH. Seriously, if you jumped vertically, the wind would push you down the street. Then, following that, it got cold enough to start snowing again, so we woke up with six inches on the ground.

I love Alaska.

The people here are still so fun and great and kind and considerate. We're working so hard with our investigators (both of them...)

and our Less Active Members (all million of them).

Wednesday we had a baptism! (insert link to Ode to Joy here, Mom.)

For an eight year old. (Ode to Joy abruptly cuts off.)

Oh well. It was nice. Her family had just moved in a few months ago, and the father (less active) deployed on Friday, but he made it to the baptism. It was great. we had good speakers and a great spirit, and it was completely worth it for me and Elder Ivan to get there 3 hours early to fill up the font.

Mom, I got my Christmas package and I opened most of the presents already. NO REGRETS. I needed the crackers for sacrament anyway.

Wednesday we also got to go to the Temple! (Ode to Joy starts up here again)

If any of you want to go to the Anchorage Temple, just go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. That temple is just two Anchorage Temples put together. Also; CAMI! Did you get your endowments yet?

My companion has the gift of tongues so he was able to translate the letter from the ward member who sent it in cursive, so tell Sister Peel thank you for the lovely note.

One night a Viking named Rudolph the Red was looking out the window when he said, “It’s going to rain.”
His wife asked, “How do you know?”
“Because Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear.” -- Boys Life


This Joke Wins Forever!!

I hear that Aidan is practicing hugs, I have one last comment: Height matters, but what's most important is the encompassing-ness of it all.

This week is zone conference, and next week is transfers! It's weird to think that I soon won't be the youngest group of missionaries out here.

We went to the Dentist today, because our dentist is the new Elder's quorum president, and he gives us cleanings for free. Apparently I have too many cavities than can be conveniently counted, but I'm working on it. Most of them can be closed up with just a little bit of extra work. Personally, I blame my orthodontist. He made it impossible to floss and ruined my "no cavities in adult teeth" record.

I get a lot of flack for never dating, and in fact never kissing or getting kissed by a girl (unrelated to me). Then one of the Elders in our district got Dear Johhned, and I could point to him and say: "That's why". Poor guy's a mess.

I can now solve a Rubik cube. you may all applaud.

That's all I can think of again, so I'll talk to you all later. Send to me when you'll be able to talk on christmas, so I can call you and have maximum cousins/Sister Darcey talkings.

Elder DArcey

I'll end here because I'm out of things to say. Cousins send me your email addresses.

Love and Prayers to all,

Elder DArcey

No comments: