Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Christmas Riddle

Dear Family and Friends,

I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore.

I've been up here for one full transfer, and I can't take any more of this.
I'm done. I've had no success up here, and I can only blame myself.

I can't focus anymore. Everything just seems blurry and unreal. I've tried
going from different angles, ideas, everything. Nothing works. Everything
is so beautiful, but I can't see it anymore.

I know that I shouldn't be comparing, but it's so hard to be
so unsuccessful while everyone around me is doing so well with their
efforts. We both approach something the same way, but they always end up
with something incredible and inspiring while I just fail miserably.

Every day I've tried harder. I strive to work harder, longer, smarter.
Nothing is helping. I try a variety of different ideas and attitudes,
but everything fails.

The worst part is that I'm completely alone in this. No one else is having
the same problem as I. There isn't anyone who I can relate with, or even
anyone who can empathize with me.

It's with a heavy heart that I write this, but you all need to know what
I'm feeling.

I've spoken with my companion at great length regarding this, and he agrees
with me. I've spoken to the Zone Leaders and other members of the district
and they also have the same recommendation. Finally, I've talked to
President Beesley and he, after considering with me, has come to the same
answer.

I'm telling all of you now that I can't go another day out here and am
coming home...

Elder Darcey

...unless... Read the next letter to figure out what he may be talking about. And what Dia and Derick didn't read until later in the day. Elder Darcey must have a death wish and he may still be on the Hong Kong Hit List for weeks to come. Read Sister Darcey's heartfelt response here.

No comments: