Monday, October 8, 2012

Elder Dawbzaj = White Dragon

Dear Friends and family,  

Transfers. I'm staying in the Hmong branch, which is exciting, because I have not yet become proficient in the language, nor have I gotten my Hmong name tag in the mail yet! I hope to stay in the branch for a while yet.  My new companion is Elder Curtain, who is currently my Zone leader now. 

Enjoyed Conference:  MISSIONARIES ! ! !    This can only be a good thing for younger missionaries to go out.
I actually loved Elder Andersen's Talk the most about faith. Elder Andersen always has the best talks for me. I loved what he said about the need to have faith through trials. “Distancing yourself from the kingdom of God during a trial of faith is like leaving the safety of a secure storm cellar just as the tornado comes to view.”  This transfer period has passed far too quickly. 

I'm doing great up here. The Alaska Winter is coming fast; The season of Almost-Winter is fading fast. (Seems there are four seasons in Alaska: Winter from October to April, Breakup from April to June, Construction from June to September, and Almost-Winter, from September to October.)

Love you all from the North,

Elder Dawbzaj  Hmong name meaning  White Dragon
AKA

Elder Darcey  

No comments: