Wednesday, February 22, 2012

And It Did Come To Pass that Elder Did Tell Many Things Pertaining to Craig:




Dear Fam & everyone,

Here are the answers to all the questions you asked. My move went great and I was underweight for both bags still, and I didn't have to ditch anything--go figure? To get here, I took the milk run flight, which stops in Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and ends in Seattle. From Ketch, I took a ferry right out of the airport (seriously) then another 4 hour ferry to Prince of Wales, getting off at Hollis then driving to Craig.

Yes, THE ADDRESS of my house so Dad can play on Google Earth is on Cedar Street.
We have about 30-40 people attending every week now, with a few people calling in. (Bet you didn't know they could do that?) In the summer, it swells to about a hundred due to fishermen. We use the clerk's computers at the church to email from. Elder Ivan went home to Pleasant Grove roundabout Colorado right now to be with his brother who's about to deploy to Afghanistan.

I would appreciate some crackers. I'm currently using starburst as sacrament. Other food is fine; no problems there.



No, we haven't been to cemetary island yet. And, no, the water in the inlet is not really frozen. It rains all the time, but the temps in the 40s usually. There are many MANY animals on the island, whatever lies you all have heard down there. All the bears are currently asleep, but there's a large population of water fowl, salmon, herring, whales, sea lions, and the like. The bear bear population is all asleep. We also have wolves, deer and EAGLES/RAVENS. The human working population here mostly logs as the main business along with fishing and canning salmon.

I'll get down to it; The work here in the "Bush" is slow. It takes a lot of work to see anything get done. I'm so glad to be out here, though. We got our car back, after only a week of walking and bumming rides with the members. Now we can go anywhere on the island, so we do.

We try to get everywhere we can at least once a month, so this weekend we hit Hydaburg. That place is scary. I don't mean a "oh look, a man with a mask on" scary, or a "mom's early attempts at GF bread" scary, I mean a "Elder Darcey is scared" scary. The Haida natives, by the way, are the one's with the totem poles.

We've had a good week, regardless. Elder Denison and I are working together well. He's an awesome missionary. We're working all day, everyday, and that's all we can ask for. On Wednesday we volunteer at POWER, which is basically a Slum DI. Most mornings we volunteer at The Camo Shop, which is run by a MUCH less active member.

The work goes slowly out here, but there seems to be a never-ending supply of service opportunities. "Obedience brings blessings; exact obedience brings miracles" is my mantra at the moment. Whatever falls through, whatever happens, I know I just need to stay obedient and keep working hard. If we can do that, it will all work out in the end.

Better go, I still have more pictures to send, especially to Sister "I'm a year old" Darcey.

About your comment on angels: We totally have this idea in the mission that the prophet can see spirits all around. (gospel of Elder DArcey; don't quote me on it)

As far as music, if you want to find and send Instrumentals (piano music, lord of the rings, musicals etc) it would be nice.


Love to all reading,

Elder DArcey

No comments: