Monday, August 26, 2013

Aidan--Archery and Other Things

all,

This week marks a scary week for me. Elder Sabey and Hermana Atkinson were here about 6 weeks ago. This is my last transfer in the mission field. I'm terrified. All I can do is work harder than last week. Given that my companion was sick for two full days last week, and I was sick for another one, that shouldn't be difficult.

but anyway, no one wants to hear about my throat ulcer, so I'll move on.

This week, minus the sick, was great. I love working out here. It always is in the back of my head that it's going away soon, but I don't let myself think about it. Thinking about it always gets me off subject, like Playing Legend of Zelda, watching the Hobbit, doing archery with Aidan, College, Zelda, Google, Zelda...

see what I mean?


This week has been about doing what we can, where we can. We can't help everyone out here, but as Elder Holland said at Harvard, our purpose is to make a world, or a nation, or a community, or a family, or a person better then when we found them. I think we succeeded this week. After a lesson, We helped one of our family's make dinner. they wouldn't have gotten it done in time, but we were glad to help. We helped one of our members who had to go to the hospital. We got to simply brighten someone's day. I think that's the essence of missionary work. Love and Service. Anyone who tells you it's about getting converts doesn't care about people, they care about numbers. Converts are a side-effect. The real goal is love. I hope people can see that.

Anyway, love to you all. I'm not counting, but it's not hard to do the math anymore (even for me).

Love from the North,


Elder Darcey

No comments: